- This event has passed.
WEBINAR – Expert report writing
January 27, 16:30 - 17:30£8 – £10
Expert report writing
Date: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Price: £10 plus VAT (£12) or £120 plus VAT (£144) for the webicard which entitles you to attend the entire programme at no additional cost
Online via zoom
A talk from Penny Harper,MA (Oxon), Solicitor, FRSA Legal Experience Training
This session is essential for experts who are instructed to write advisory or expert witness reports. Expert reports are scrutinised by other professionals including lawyers and may be used in the litigation process to settle cases or form the basis of questioning in hearings or court proceedings. The session includes considering the structure, content and style of an expert report. Attendees will learn how to structure an expert report to logically include the issues to be addressed, a foundation of facts and a well-reasoned objective opinion leading to their final conclusion. Tips will be given on handling and clarifying instructions, how to avoid bias in report writing and understanding when an expert witness report is privileged.
Learning outcomes for the session:
- Clarifying instructions and privilege
- Evaluating the difference between an advisory report and party appointed expert report
- Identifying the key stages in writing an expert report
- Dealing with strengths and weaknesses in the evidence and avoiding party appointed bias
- Considering the issues, facts, opinion and conclusion
- How to write in a clear, concise and accessible manner
- Analysis of the structure, content and style of an expert report
- Considering how to set out a well-reasoned and objective opinion
- Getting the formalities right; statements of truth, statements of compliance and statements of conflict.
You will be sent the link to join via zoom the day before
- via Zoom United Kingdom
- CPD Essentials
- 07429 523183
14 people are attending WEBINAR – Expert report writing